Subscribe

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hear and Obey... Water becomes Wine!

John 2

5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.
6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!” 11 This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. 12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.





Jesus here tells the people to use the water used for cleansing. This is the DISH WATER... This is the water used to wash dishes and hands and feet... EWWW... 


Yet this water becomes the BEST wine!


Listen and Obey HIM... NO MATTER WHAT He says or HOW silly it is. 


The Results will always be amazing in the end. 


This makes me think about my own provision. How often have I wanted to do something BIG for God but I'm too wrapped up in my current problems or situations. He asks me to write Him a story or work on a book. But it doesn't seem like it's the solution to the CURRENT situation... it's not an IMMEDIATE fix... so I don't do it... delay after delay. Then ONE day YEARS later I'm asking Him for direction. He says... I ALREADY TOLD YOU! After a few rounds of this I start writing it... SO FAR the books aren't done. But one did turn into a website and the other is MUCH farther along and a whole host of websites have come out of that writing. You just never know what that little obedience could turn out to mean... 




Darrell G. Wolfe




This is my favorite bible. I strongly recommend this one to anyone looking for a good study bible. You can look up Hebrew and Greek definitions right in the back as you study. It's brought MUCH light to my study over the years. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp