Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Amazing Grace for the Seeing Blind.

John 9

 1 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” 





This is not put well into English. I never understood this passage. How does this man being born blind glorify God? Does a Father break his children's legs just so he can show them a new splint technique He knows? That would NOT be an act of LOVE!

What IS Jesus saying here?? WELL... there are no punctuation marks, or capitol letters in the Greek. Some person translating decided to add those for understanding. Therefore I can re-write those for better understanding.

Answer:
Neither this man nor his parents sinned!


New Thought:
BUT that the works of God should be revealed in him, 4 I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day. Night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” 


This is means that the works of God is restoration NOT lack.

25..."One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.” 

Amazing Grace... HOW SWEET THE SOUND!!!! That saved a wretch like me... I once was lost but now am found was BLIND but now I see!

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.


What does this mean??


The think they see but don't because they are reject The Truth Himself. Therefore they are blind. I get that. HOW would they be without sin by being blind? 


In the natural... A blind person knows they are blind. They don't look shocked when someone says: HEY BUDDY... You can't see!


Wow... My My... Thanks for letting me know... I hadn't noticed... lol.


The spiritual blind person that recognizes any level of blindness in himself can receive the light of God and see. Only that one who comes to terms with "A wretch like me" can then go on to say "But now I see". 


Darrell G. Wolfe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp