Subscribe

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Abide!

John 14-15


John 14


2 In My Father’s house are many mansions.


13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask[c] anything in My name, I will do it.


John 15


4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me


9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.










It's funny. You can think of gold streets and it's an easy transition to mansions. I wonder why it's so hard to get a mansion mentality here and now. The idea that you walk into a nice place or a model that is out of your "budget" and feel out of place just being there is a strange idea. For most people ANY model home is out of their budget. That's why they have to go over to the bank and beg them for a loan. It doesn't matter whether the house is $400K or $2.5MM or $25. Who cares? It's out of YOUR budget. It is the rare person who even considers the idea of buying a house outright cash in hand. But if God is my provider and HE has mansions and gold streets, I am REQUIRED to change my mindset. HE is my provider. NOT the internet, or the next big idea, or the next scheme, or the next job... HE and HE ALONE. 


If I ask, He will do it. Hands Down. He already promised houses to me in his word in several places. So a house is what I expect. 


Are there prerequisites? Yes! ABIDE... this is more than just read it every morning, say a prayer if your remember and try to be a good person. Darrell Glen Wolfe.... You need to ABIDE... live, breath, talk, dream, The Word of God and beyond ALL OF THAT... you still need to abide. Isn't that abiding? Yes, it's all part of it. But Abiding is deeper than those things. Abiding means time spent talking WITH Him. Not:

  • Talking AT Him
  • Giving Him your grocery list of needs, wants, and desires
But actually sitting down with Him and discussing things, life, the universe, what HE wants today... etc... ABIDE

Imagine ABIDING with your wife and never talking with her about anything except what you want from her. She wouldn't ABIDE with you like that forever. Children do this and we train them out of it. It's time to mature and grow. 

The ONLY way to have true JOY which is deeper than happiness, is to abide. It means you can sit still, for extended periods of time, with nothing to distract, entertain, or amuse you except HIM. That is Abiding... it is the goal of my life from this day forward. When I catch myself NOT abiding... I will repent and turn. 


Darrell G. Wolfe















































.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp