Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, December 16, 2019

What's your story? Why are you here?

Dear Jesus,

I sit here at stare at the blank page on my screen. Hesitant. Unsure about what to write. I find it acts as a strong metaphor for my life at the moment.

One giant blank page. Thousands of potential things I "could" do; yet, none of them seem viable or worthy of pursuit.

I find myself lacking a larger narrative for my life, a drive, a vision, a purpose.

  • I know my calling is to those who are distressed, discouraged, and in debt; to train them into men and women who can be mighty for God, pulling down strongholds. These battles will take place in the hearts and minds of men. 
  • I know I am a Storyteller. Writer/Scribe. Thinker, Sojourner. I am someone who works to discover the truth of a matter and bring it to the light. NO HIDING is my life's motto. 
  • I know I am a father of two boys and they are my primary ministry and calling at this time. Yet, if I'm not headed anywhere, can I lead them?

Donald Miller talked in the StoryBrand Podcast about creating a Family Mission Statement. He sold the idea that the mission statement doesn't have to be long term or life long. It can be a short-term mission statement. "We are a family that gets rid of our excess and sells it in a garage sale this spring..." and then you review it often and the whole family assesses what they've been doing to reach that target.

So what is our vision? What is our family mission statement?

Elements of a good mission statement:

  • Identify the problem that we are on Earth to solve.
    • "Most people suffer with..."
    • Be Specific. Don't be vague. They should immediately feel connected to the problem. 
  • How do we solve the problem?
    • "We have a product/process that does..."
    • Make it feel like a new idea. Make it understandable. Make it brief. 
    • This is the product, even if you sell a thousand things, make it one thing. 
  • What is their happy ending?
    • "... so that they (happy ending)."
    • What is the outcome? How do they look when we're brought the solution to them?
    • This should be the controlling idea, everything drives to this.
    • Your product is not your business, their happy ended is the what you are selling. That's what you are in the business of doing. 

I don't have answers yet... just throwing this out there to ponder.

Here's a quick possibility:


  • Many people are walking through life "faking it till they make", lost in their own life story.
  • I write stories and articles that help people see past the lies and discover their true selves.
  • So they can live more authentically free to be who they were created to be. 

Needs work... but it's a start.


What about you? 

What problem are you on Earth to solve? 
How do you solve it? 
What is the happy ending others receive from your solution?



 

Shalom: Live Long and Prosper!
Darrell Wolfe (DG Wolfe)
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant @ DarrellWolfe.com

Clifton StrengthsFinder: Intellection, Learner, Ideation, Achiever, Input
16Personalities (Myers-Briggs Type): INFJ


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp