Subscribe

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Glow Test: How I can know if I'm spending enough time with Jesus, without being religious.


It's not often that I make a whole post based on the message from Church. But today's message was timely for me, as I hope it will be for you too! If you want to see the message, (click here) for Sunday 08/02/15, GatewayPeople.Com.


Why are we here? 


My Calling... What is the calling of all believers? 


We are called saints. 1 Corinthians 1:2. Luke 9 and Mark 3 show us that we are called to be with Him; then as a result, we can go.

What are we called to go do?

People are triune beings. We are Spirit, Soul and Body. Jesus came to help people. Therefore, He helped them Spirit, Soul, and Body. So should we. When he sent his disciples (of which you and I are now) he gave them a three prong mission:
  1. Preach the Kingdom
    1. Spirit - We are born again spiritually first. We are translated from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of Light. 
  2. Heal the sick
    1. Body - Healing rebukes the attack of the devil, and just the effects of this fallen world, in our bodies. 
  3. Cast out demons
    1. Soul - The soul is Mind, Will, and Emotions. These are the areas that the devils spend their most energy attacking us. They confuse our minds, drain and stress our emotions,  and bring our will into captivity, causing us to do things we don't want to do. 
    2. We cast out the power of devils, and free the Mind, Will, and Emotions to do the will of God. 

There are three areas we can focus on, to gain the life God planned for us.

1. Knowing

An extension chord can be plugged in to many devices, but if the source end is not plugged into the wall, the devices will not work. In the same way, if the chord is plugged into the source, the same power will flow into all of the devices. There is no power in the chord, unless the chord is plugged into the source of the power.

If you are lacking power in your life today... this is where you need to start. This doesn't mean just going to church, opening the bible for "study", or praying memorized prayers for 30 minutes a day. All of these are fine if they help you. But this is about knowing HIM. Getting into his presence, in a more real and intimate way than you would your own spouse.

If you aren't being intimate with Jesus... you are missing the primary part of the Christian LIFE.

2. Growing


The vine (Jesus) is plugged into the root (God the Father), with power (HolySpirit) running through him. We are the branches (Church) on the vine (Jesus). We will bear fruit if, and only if, we remain attached to the vine.

We all ought to be growing in grace, and bearing fruit. If I can't point to the fruit in my life as evidence of my walk with Jesus... I'm in trouble. We ought to desire the Word of God, as babies desire milk. Constantly, and unashamedly.


3. Glowing


As a glow-in-the-dark toy only works after being exposed to light, and the moon only lights as it reflects the sun... so we too ought to be glowing with the presence of God. Moses, when he came down the mountain, was glowing so much that he hid his face from the crowd.

A woman is intimate with her husband, and life is conceived inside of her. Very often, it shows on her face without anyone saying anything about it. She is glowing.

So we too, will glow after having LIFE conceived in us when we spend time with Jesus, our husband.

I haven't felt like I was glowing in a long time. This is a direct red flag. It means I've been away from the light long enough, for my glow to wear off.

This is going to be, hereafter, called my Glow Test. If I'm not glowing, my fruit is dry, because I haven't spent time with Him. Not with religion, or rituals... with Him.

That was my take away today.

Your Turn:

Hey... how do you know when you have lost your glow? 


Comment on this post to tell me, I'd like to learn from you.


*Bible References:
*
Tweet These:
#TellYourStory#BeStillBeLed

Comment on this post, or Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe , Google +DarrellWolfe, Facebook DarrellGWolfe, Etc...


By Darrell Wolfe



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp