Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2016

Framing Your World | Changing Your Bad Days to Good Days

If you don't get it at first, God will repeat it until you do. 


At work, since about last October 2015, things at work got bad overnight. Leadership has much such a series of bad choices since then, that our work environment has become stressful to the point of nervous breakdown for people. At least two people are now on Zanex, several have left, and I'm on the verge of both.

At lunch the other day, I met with an adviser to discuss my situation at work. Should I leave, should I stay, what do I do? She said a lot of great things, but one thing she said stuck out as something I could immediately apply.

You need to Re-Frame your idea of what success means.

People, males especially, often view their value as being successful.

I was viewing success at work by the tasks I was completing, staying ahead, being efficient. My work situation has changed to the point that getting ahead is no longer an option. I used to get my research cases closed in an average of 5 days, not it's closer to 65 days.

I need to Re-Frame what success means to me. Maybe in today's climate, success means getting one case closed. Maybe it just means doing through a whole day not speaking negatively.

Today I was watching the sermon message The Frame Game, by Pastor Steven Furtick.



He said something like this:
"Some of you are going to go to work tomorrow and you'll be totally different. They are going to ask you what changed, did you get a promotion? No, I didn't get a promotion, I just got a new frame." 
David was looking at the same giant as his big brothers, but he was using a different frame. I have had an emotional habit of viewing life as hard, and ugly, and difficult. Depression has followed me all my life.

Camera Frame


Sometimes you need to take a life full of distraction and bring the camera shot into a closer view. There could be stuff going on all around you, but you just need to bring the focus in closer, to ignore all that stuff.

Sometimes you need a wide shot. You're so focused on this ONE thing you hate, this ONE hurt toe, that you are not considering all the things that are working well for you, the things you enjoy, the 9 working toes...

Sometimes you need to remove things from your frame.


YOU are the director of your shot... 


It's time to re-frame. 

What could you Re-Frame in your life today?


********


Story Teller | Creative | INFJ | Intellection | Learner | Ideation | Achiever | Input | Multipotentialite

New here?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp