Subscribe

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Silence is odd...uncomfortable... necessary.



How often are we ever really silent?


The kids left for camp this week. I didn't know how much noise was in this house until it wasn't there. My wife is asleep, the dogs don't really make much noise.

So the ticking of my desk clock is REALLY loud.

I find myself not sure what to do. I mean, I make food, get dressed go to work. All normal.

But the silence makes me feel like I ought to be doing something else.

1 Kings 19:12
After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. NIV

There is a song by Point of Grace, called Jesus Is. The first line says:

"Speak a little softer. So I can hear you. Above the noise, the noise, the noise, in this world." 

It's in the silence that we can begin to hear God.

Only when we hear God, can we respond to what we've heard. Faith is a response to God saying something.

You cannot actually have Faith in the written word (bible) alone. It must be accompanied by hearing the active present voice of God speak to you. Only then, can you have Faith.

I cannot decide, because the bible promises me prosperity, that I will claim a $10 Million mansion.... unless I have heard the voice of God tell me that he has promised that mansion to me. But not even then. I must hear Him tell me where, which one, what season and time, etc. I must be given specific instructions to believe and obey. Otherwise I'm not yet in Faith. Likewise, my faith grows as I hear, believe, and obey each instruction.

There is no such thing as blind faith.

Faith beings where the will of God is known.

As I embrace the silence, can I hear from God in order to have something to believe.

If I'm not hearing anything at first, I could start by asking him some questions to answer.


  • Father, what are my marching orders today?
  • Father, what would you like to talk about today?
  • Where could I be growing more/better today? 


Etc...


*
Tweet These:
#TellYourStory#BeStillBeLed

More about BeStillBeLed <here>

Comment on this post, or Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe , Google +DarrellWolfe, Facebook DarrellGWolfe, Etc...


Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe or on Google +DarrellWolfe

By Darrell Wolfe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp