Subscribe

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Our Testimony Is LIFE, Not Behavior



LIFE, Baby Foot, by Mike Bitzenhofer


And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10



How many times have I heard someone say, in one form or another: "I used be an Alcoholic, and I drank like a fish, and did drugs. But now I found Jesus, and I don't do those things anymore."

Let's examine that testimony. If you found Jesus and you don't DO those thing anymore, and then you "fall into sin" and start doing them again. What does that mean to your testimony?

Does that mean you lost Jesus? Does that mean He wasn't strong enough? Does that mean you never really had Him? Does that mean that there is no Jesus?

What if... Jesus didn't come to save your behavior?

Yes, it's obvious that behavior changes can and should accompany a relationship with Jesus. But are those behaviors "why" He came?

Jesus came to set right the things that Adam set wrong. He is the Second Adam, a LIFE giving spirit.

Adam the First disconnected from the Tree of LIFE, and connected to the Tree of Knowledge. With no LIFE, he was disconnected from the flow of LIFE (which contained knowledge and information) to his spirit. He was forced to go through the earth only having his physical senses and ability to reason. These, being limited at best, eventually produced sin, and then death.

Jesus came to re-connect us to LIFE (the Holy Spirit is our connection). That connection causes us to be in right standing with God. Our spirit cries "DADDY" in the Father's presence.

When we fall, and fail, this does not change our testimony one bit. Because our testimony isn't about our behavior. Our testimony is that we were Dead, serving dead religion, dead knowledge. We accepted Jesus and got connected to LIFE. We have relationship with God OUR Daddy!

Just as my son is still my son, and I love him, regardless of his actions.... I am God's son, regardless of my actions. And when (not if but when) I fail, He will come beside me, teach me, love me through that failure, and help me walk out of it stronger.

Hello. My name is Darrell. I was the son of an Atheist Pastor, and I was serving dead religion, always trying to be good enough for God. Then I accepted Jesus' LIFE, and now I am His Son. I am right before God not because of what I've done, but who I am. I am His adopted son. 

That testimony, doesn't change with your failure.

*
Tweet These:
#TellYourStory#BeStillBeLed

More about BeStillBeLed <here>

Comment on this post, or Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe , Google +DarrellWolfe, Facebook DarrellGWolfe, Etc...


Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe or on Google +DarrellWolfe

By Darrell Wolfe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp