Subscribe

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

INFJ: The Counselor | Finding Your Life Theme



INFJ: Counselor, list of INFJ attibutes. Title: INFJ--Jungian-16-Personality-Types-Test-Results--Richard-N-Stephenson
INFJ--Jungian-16-Personality-Types-Test-Results--Richard-N-Stephenson

In January 2015, I wrote a post called Discovery: Finding Your Place In God's Plan, in which I talked about the various personality tests I had taken. Each of these has given me another angle to view, another perspective to help me understand my Unique Value Proposition (UVP) on earth.  In other words, I can begin to understand why God has placed me on earth, and what I'm called to do.

None of these were more powerful for me than the Myers-Briggs 16 Personalities Typology, combined with my Strengths Finders top five results. The 16 Personalities test is free, and the Strengths Finders is only $10.00 for your top five.

In fact, I've owned these identities so much, that I've even updated my About Page and my email signature to reflect those results:

Darrell G. Wolfe 
Author | INFJ | Intelection, Learner, Ideation, Achiever, Input

Recently, I was honored to publish an article for #INFJCacafony (HERE), which is a Graphic Magazine created by (and for) INFJ's. The article is about understanding the INFJ: Mind, Will, and Emotions. To read the whole thing I recommend you check out the link above.

As I am currently going through some hard inner growth this week, being stretched out of my comfort zone in several ways, I felt like coming back to the basics and re-evaluating: What is my core? Who Am I? What am I called to do?

Then as I thought about it, I wondered if helping you understand the four elements (at least my half of them), could help you begin to gain an understanding of who you are, and who you were created to be.

Here is an excerpt from that article:

For those new to the Myers-Briggs typologies. My favorite site for testing and information is 16 Personalities. 

The Overview of the INFJ Typology 

The Mind:
Introverts (I) are energized and recharged by solitude, because it allows us to explore the uncharted world of the mind and thoughts. The world does not make sense unless we can make sense of it and see how it all fits together.
Energy:
Intuitives (N) rely on imagination and intuition. We are absorbed by the world of ideas and possibilities. We are far more likely to be thinking about what could be in the future, or could have been in the past. Back to the Future MUST have been written by an Intuitive (N) personality!
Nature:
Feelers (F) are sensitive, and tend to follow the heart and focus on harmony.Now… INFJ’s tend to FEEL deeply, and pick up on other’s emotions instantly. Even absorbing their emotions into their own. However, they tend to be totally out of touch with their own emotions as a result of being so in tune to others. Many INFJ’s mistype into INTJ for this reason. But there is an important note here. INTJ’s are truly objective and rational. Given a decision they will look to the facts. INFJ’s are just as likely to do the research, but still end up trusting what “feels” right in the end.
Tactics and Will:
Judgers (J) prefer clear rules and guidelines. They see deadlines as sacred and seek the closure of a matter. People strong in J might find that Achiever is in their top five Strengths Finders. These tend not to fly by the seat of their pants into a situation; rather, they observe it for a while an see which way it’s going.

As I was reflecting on all of this, I found the picture at the top of this post, and it hit me:

Counselor

That's who I am.

Pastor didn't feel right, because I can't tell you how much I DO NOT have the gift of Administration. I can't get a crowd together and organized, I barely want to be in the crowd myself.

But Counselor?

If there was one value added that consistently described about my non-work roles at work (all of the jobs I've worked in any field) it was that people called me the Team Pastor, because I served in the role of a what many would call a Pastor.

I was Teacher and Answer Man to those who had questions (theological to random facts), I was Mr. 411.

Also, I was calm and skillful advisor to those who were hurting. If you were looking for a party organizer, I was not your guy. If you were looking to go to someone after an upset or tragedy, that was me.

If you had to ask "Why God?", I was the one they came to.

Counselor.

Hmmm....

I think I could own that title. How about:

Online Counselor?

Online Spiritual Tour Guide? Too Cheesy... sounds like Ms. Cleo. Nope.

Hmmm...

I guess I'll keep working on that.

How about you? Looking at the life you have lived until now, and all of the roles you've played: 
What themes or common strings run through that history? 
How has your calling worked itself out over time in your life? 

Comment on this post, or Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe , Google +DarrellWolfe, Facebook DarrellGWolfe

*
Tweet These:
#TellYourStory#BeStillBeLed

More about BeStillBeLed <here>

By Darrell Wolfe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp