Subscribe

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Being Still | The Missing Element In Most Prayers





Attribution: Stillness by Christian.Rudman


How often are we ever, really, still?

Psalms 46:10


New Living Translation
"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."


Holman Christian Standard Bible
Stop your fighting--and know that I am God, exalted among the nations, exalted on the earth."


NET Bible
He says, "Stop your striving and recognize that I am God! I will be exalted over the nations! I will be exalted over the earth!"


GOD'S WORD® Translation
Let go [of your concerns]! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth.
I've written before about Being Still, which in itself was sparked my Michael Hyatt's great article "The Practice of Stillness". I've been trying to practice this, off and on, since I first wrote about this in April of this year, 2014.

I find stillness difficult. My mind racing with so many ideas and thoughts. The first few that come to me I want to stop being still and start writing and blogging about them. I've had to learn to keep a note pad with me, and just jot the basic essence of thought down and go back to "being still".

I got more practice with this at Gateway - Freedom Ministries - Kairos event. It's hard to describe how great that two days was. It was a total reset. Of course, in the following weeks, I've had normal life ensure, and I have to make the choice if I'm going to use some of the new tools I learned at Kairos to continue honing my practice of Being Still. I journaled some of those keys HERE.

I read 2 Kings, chapters 1-5 this morning, and it dawned on me.... David practiced this stillness. Even though he was known for being a man of war and action, he did this. He stopped, and asked God for direction, and then WAITED for an answer before taking action.

Then it dawned on me, "How often do we EVER be still and know that He is God?" When is the last time you literally stopped ALL physical AND mental activity for five straight minutes and just got real still inside?


That' my encouragement for you today, go back and read my article and Michael Hyatt's article linked above if you want more instructions on how. But go get still before God. Set a timer for 5 minutes, 10, 15 maybe? And just get still inside long enough for His still small voice to start being heard.

Here is a song to meditate on regarding this: Link HERE









In other words... will I #BeStillBeLed?


---

And now I leave you with a question:

What do you think about Stillness, when was the last time YOU were still, really still?

To Respond Leave A Comment on This Post

By Darrell Wolfe


This Weeks Resource:




Affiliate Disclosure:
I earn commissions off of some of my suggestions. Full Disclaimers (Click Here)
See my Store for more suggestions (Click Here)
-








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp