Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

A Life Of Being Led: The Key To Good Success!


Follow The Light By Damien Gorza
Follow The Light By Damien Gorza


Be Led! 

As I went through my day today, in various times of prayer, and while I studied the Word at lunch, one idea kept rising to the top of my heart: "Be Led"

When God says: "Be" watch-out! Light BE! Be Healed! Be it done unto me as you have said! "BE" is a powerful word. If God said "Three Headed Dog: BE!" Even if you've never seen a three headed dog, you are about to! God cannot say BE without causing that BE to come to pass!

Over and over this idea of "Be Led", "Being Led", came up in my heart. I thought of Jesus and how he spoke of only doing the things he saw His Father do, and only saying the things He heard his Father say.

So I looked it up, it's interesting to note how often Jesus refers to his words and actions being those that the Father told him to do/say.
John 5:19New American Standard Bible Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

John 8:28New American Standard Bible So Jesus said, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me.

John 12:49New American Standard Bible "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.
Jesus was the very essence of: Being Led. Matthew 4:1 refers to Jesus starting his ministry "Being led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil..." Everything Jesus did, He did by being led.

So then I pondered my life verse: 


Joshua 1:8
English Standard VersionThis Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Holman Christian Standard BibleThis book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do.

What does it mean to not let something depart your mouth? It means to keep speaking about it all the time, like a raving sports fan who can speak of nothing but his favorite team.

What does it mean to meditate on something day and night? Meditate: to chew, ponder, murmur, repeat to one's self, recite over and over, like an actor trying to get into his role, and internalize his lines. One should not just do this in the morning, not just at night, but starting in the morning and continue throughout the day.

What does it mean to observe to do? It's not good enough to speak about it, it's not good enough to ponder it, memorize it, recite it... this is just the start. As you ponder the Word of God, you will find revelation knowledge. God will reveal to you the things you need to know and do. You must be sure to observe what God is saying/doing, then DO what God says do, and say what God says say.

ONLY when you are responding to the things you are seeing and hearing, will you make your way prosperous, and have good success! Aha! It's back to that again! It's back to Bring Led! Joshua 1:8 is the OT version of "I only do what I see my Father do, I only say what I hear my Father say..."

By Darrell Wolfe

How about you? You see anything to add to this? Want to share what examples you have seen or experience in yourself or others? Comment below. 

I call you empowered 2 prosper with good success!




Bible Study Bloghttp://empoweredtooprosper.blogspot.com/
FacebookFacebook.Com/DarrellGWolfe
Twitter@DarrellWolfe
Personal Blogwww.DarrellWolfe.Com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp