Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

Sometimes.... I don't believe God but I still believe him.

One thing we should always be, as Christians, is honest... And HONESTLY... Do you believe Jesus when he says this:

If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14 ESV

I have to admit... I don't. Not today. I did. I might again. But I wrestle with this. I prayed and she still died. The bills still go unpaid. The struggle continues. 

Yes, theologically, there's a whole context to this verse and qualifications. I understand that. But it's a little hard to swallow when you're in the middle.

And that's okay. Walking with anyone is a struggle. It takes time to get to know someone, see their perspective, understand what they mean by what they say. Etc. 

The best way to walk with Jesus is to be HONEST.

NO HIDING

Just tell him. That's a big claim, I don't know if I believe that. Tell me more about that. Let him speak to you. 

And let it take a lifetime if needed. I've been struggling with this verse my whole life. That's okay. 

Relationship is built in the struggle to hear and see. 

What are you not believing today?

Tell Him. He can handle it. 

#Selah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp