Subscribe

Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2019

What if God's "no" is best, despite how much you want him to say "yes"?

God says no... sometimes.


Photo by Isaiah Rustad on Unsplash


In Boundaries (affiliate), by Townsend and Cloud, pages 260-263, an interesting idea is presented.

They actually tie the thorn Paul requested to be removed, and Jesus asking for "the cup to be taken from me, nevertheless, not my will..."

I've never really put those two events together into one thought/lesson.

God says "no" sometimes. If healthy boundaries require being able to handle another's "no" with grace and respect their right to say it, then by definition we must respect God's "no" and His boundaries.

Indeed, sometimes we find his no is actually a deep grace that saved us from a stupid decision (and outcome). However, sometimes we find His "no"  is about deepening our character and making us into His image.

The hardships I've experienced these past few years were "hard" but they built in me a character that I did not previously possess. The potential was always there, but I am walking in some of its reality now.

If God is telling you "no" today, what might He be working in you?

Comment on this post with your thoughts.


References:
7or even with these surpassingly great revelations. So to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.… 2 Corinthians 12

…38Then He said to them, “My soul is consumed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with Me.” 39Going a little farther, He fell facedown and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will.”  Matthew 26:39


 

Shalom: Live Long and Prosper!
Darrell Wolfe (DG Wolfe)
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant @ DarrellWolfe.com

Clifton StrengthsFinder: Intellection, Learner, Ideation, Achiever, Input
16Personalities (Myers-Briggs Type): INFJ


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp