Subscribe

Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

Why... That's the question.

Why?

Photo by Ian Schneider on Unsplash


Why do I have to get up today? Why keep doing things, waking up, going to work, eating... just to pay bills, just so I can keep waking up, working, eating... round and round.

It's monotonous.

I'm in communication with my advisors right now on this question.

Forbes has an interesting, if superficial, article on Finding your why.

Up to now, from early childhood to today, my current relationship was my why. Whoever I'm loving and they're loving me, is why. But as a Widower with no real prospects of Chapter Two on the Horizon, that why is no longer available. My kids feel like they "should" be my why, but they're moving toward independence as teens/preteens. In a few years, they'll be off and running into their lives and I'll be here at the house alone.

What is my WHY?

I don't know. Honestly. At the emotional/gut level. I have intellectual answers but no satisfying why.

My post yesterday addresses this in part; however, although I know I can make choices I don't know what the next choices are.

To Be Determined...




Shalom: Live Long and Prosper!
Darrell Wolfe (DG Wolfe)
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant @ DarrellWolfe.com

Clifton StrengthsFinder: Intellection, Learner, Ideation, Achiever, Input
16Personalities (Myers-Briggs Type): INFJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp