Subscribe

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Give light to my eyes

This Psalms is my hearts cry:

Psalm 13
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
 
1How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?  2How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?  
3Look on me and answer, Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, 4and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall.  
5But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. 6I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me.


I wrestle with depression... often... pretty much constantly. I try to keep myself above it, I smile, I laugh, I watch funny things, I make jokes... I distract myself by watching television shows, writing, doing chores or hobbies...

But truth be told, none of that solves anything for very long. They are temporary pain medications to a bruised and battered soul.

How long? God? How long will I battle with my own soul (mind, will, emotions)?

It would seem that David suffered from these thoughts too, and fairly constantly if you read through the Psalms.

The Key

The Key, he indicates, is a new vision. "Give light to my eyes"... God IS light; therefore, seeing things from God's perspective.

This isn't about self-talk. It's not about trying to convince myself that it's not that bad or convince myself about all the good things I do have... it's about surrendering to the presence of God (feel like it or not, especially when not) and letting him supernaturally break through and give you a glimpse of his eternal vantage point.

This is not a one-time and done solution. This is something I must do every day. It's THIS DAILY BREAD...

Selah!

Shalom: Live Long and Prosper!
Darrell Wolfe (DG Wolfe)
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant @ DarrellWolfe.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp