Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2018

Have you died yet today?

Recently, I said I wasn't religious but I did have a relationship with Jesus. The person replied that is a "textbook" response for a Christian; therefore, I am a Christian; therefore, I am religious.

I have to laugh because "religion" is the dead following of dead traditions. The difference between my two-way relationship with a real living person (Jesus) and a religious person is the difference between a Tree and a Motorcycle. They have nothing to do with one-another.

Yet, I can see how they get it. Religious people would read this passage and see something totally different than I see, yet we read the same passage.
...anyone who has died has been set free from sin... In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus... Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Romans 6: 7,11,16

Religion reads this and immediately says: "Try harder to do the Knowledge of Good".

Count refers to "accounting" as in business Profit and Loss statements and Taxes. When a business adds a line item to the P&L they are accounting for something that has happened.

I am to "account" or add my death to the balance sheet. When I account for the death I died through Jesus it allows me to account for the life I live through Him. That accounting frees me from death and gives me the freedom to live.

An amputee will feel the limb that is missing until they activate the new nerve endings by constantly rubbing those nerve endings (the stump) with various materials. This retrains the brain and creates new neural pathways.

I read this passage and realize that I only need to remember that I already died and decide which self (old or new) I will be feeding today. Will I scratch the new limb, or keep pretending the leg wasn't amputated?

Selah...


Shalom: Live Long and Prosper!
Darrell Wolfe (DG Wolfe)
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant @ DarrellWolfe.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp