Subscribe

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Unplanned Event Leads to Mindset Change: Seed Lifestyle

JD Hancock Lonely Traveler - Toy man with briefcase on counter.
Attribution: JD Hancock  - Lonely Traveler


An Unplanned Passenger


When I passed the car, and then a block down the freeway I see a man in a grey suit pants and brown suit jacket with a brief case walking on the freeway. I heard inside of me, “pick him up”. I obeyed immediately. I moved stuff aside and opened my door and leaned out and motioned my thumb to him “international hitch hiking symbol”.

Picked up Achoo (name changed for privacy) on the side of the road. He’s from NJ, and he just moved to Texas. He stated that his gas ran out, he thinks, and that was his car I had just passed. He was afraid to attempt to hold out his thumb to hitch hike because he wasn’t sure if it was illegal to do so in Texas. 

He’s working for a tech company nearby, and he's working lots of OT because he’s running low on money. That’s why he’s out of gas. He’s running late to work, and my picking him up is really helping him get there faster, maybe an hour or more faster than walking. He’s very grateful, it was cold out there (30-40*F) and his jacket is light.

I asked if he had people at work that could help him back to deal with the car after work. He said he did. That part would be covered.  I drove him to work nearby and only ended up at work just a few moments later than I would have been. 

I felt/heard God say “Thank you, he’s one of mine”. 

I said “You’re welcome”. I felt bad that I didn’t just get gas for his car. 

God said “I have people for that. You are one cog in that wheel. You did good son.”  God went on to say “If you keep opening your heart to me, and spending time practicing to hear my voice, and open your heart to worship, you’ll notice more and more of these unique moments in life. It’s important to know about Favor, believe in Favor, be ready and willing to declare Favor over your life. BUT… Favor is not a magic spell. It’s not something you can declare every morning, without being in relationship with Me, and expect it to work the Favor Magic in your life. Favor is a byproduct of relationship with me. If you are deepening your relationship with me, Favor will come. Listen to Me. Hear Me. Obey what you hear. Favor is just as likely to use you to bless someone as it is to use someone to bless you.”

Inside of me I saw/heard an inner me jump up and down and say “Whooooo Hoooo!”

A little oil goes a long way!


So... this helped me shift my mindset a bit. Unintentionally, I fell into a rut of thinking that said I won't be able to really make a difference in people's lives until I reach higher levels of prosperity... so I've focused on what I could do to live out my calling and get prosperous. I mean... it's hard to make a difference when you are struggling to pay the house note, right?

Well, the fact is that this is a noble aspiration, and a complete LIE! You have to sow seed before you get fruit. When you don't have much, you still do the same thing you do when you do have much. You seek God as your source, and you keep your heart and mind open to be used by God at a moments notice. You keep your attitude humble and open, and be aware of your surroundings.

If you are a widow with one son, in a three year drought, and you only have a little oil and flour... then a man comes along and asks you to bake a cake for him... you can decide to help the guy, and risk giving from what little you have, or keep what little you have for yourself. In God's economy the first option produces results, if it's Spirit Led.

So, this week I sowed some oil, (which was turned into refined gasoline which I used to take a man to work, just a little out of my way)...

I'm not concerned with my "reward" or "return on investment". I'm going to believe that God has my back, and there will be something coming. But I'm going to keep my focus on what I can do next. It was exciting. I'm ready for the next opportunity to do something for someone... what opportunity will be next?


Keep your eyes and ears open this week for opportunities to get our of your shell and help someone God brings across your path.

In other words... will I #BeStillBeLed?


---

And now I leave you with a question:

What do you think... when has God used YOU to help someone?

To Respond Leave A Comment on This Post

By Darrell Wolfe


This Weeks Resource:




Affiliate Disclosure:
I earn commissions off of some of my suggestions. Full Disclaimers (Click Here)
See my Store for more suggestions (Click Here)
-








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp