Subscribe

Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

The secret key to being happy!

2014/03/07 Bible Journal Friday


COME:


Day 115
Let Jesus Wash Your Feet
John 13:8
8Peter said to Him, “You shall never wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.”
Once we have accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are bathed all over, and cleansed by His blood once and for all eternity! His blood has perfected us forever (Hebrews 10:14), and we only need to wash our feet because we walk in the world and our feet pick up dust and dirt, causing us to stumble.... by washing our feet with a deeper revelation of Himself through His Word. Beloved, this is what gives us victory in our daily walk!


John 13
12So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?13Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.14If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.15For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.16Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.17If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

HEAR:

Happy... I haven't been REALLY happy in a long long time. I've been so concerned with service. I'm serving him at home. I'm serving him at work. I'm serving him by writing my blogs... But...

I notice here, a pre-requisite to service. It's being washed by Him! Not just once. Daily. Washed daily in his Word and Presence. It's not enough just to read a passage of devotional and check that off the list. That's not His presence.

I must spend time in worship and prayer AND Word. Actually reading his Word. If I want this result of "Happy".

DO:

I'm going to spend more time BEING with Jesus, and less time DOING for Jesus!




How about you? You see anything to add to this? Want to share what examples you have seen or experience in yourself or others? Comment below. 

I call you empowered 2 prosper with good success!

By Darrell Wolfe






Bible Study Bloghttp://empoweredtooprosper.blogspot.com/
FacebookFacebook.Com/DarrellGWolfe
Twitter@DarrellWolfe
Personal Blogwww.DarrellWolfe.Com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp