Subscribe

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

I am a WRITER!


WRITER

I am a writer:

Picture of books I've been reading on writing.
Books in my Tiny Office
Yesterday was incredible! I received revelation and clarity for 2014. I AM A WRITER! Jeff Goins talks about making that declaration being the most revolutionary part of his career. Everything changed when he decided that. It's amazing what clarity will do for you.

I was being torn between what I was becoming passionate about and what I thought I was supposed to be doing. For years everyone has told me that I should be a musician and in audio mixing. I pursued that career this year. I even took an audio course. I know that is still part of my calling. Music and Audio is in there somewhere. But it's not my focus for 2014. I am a writer. I'm going to explore that solely this year.

The moment of realization hit me when my wife, who has always seen more in me than I see in myself turned to me pointed out that even during my audio class I didn't talk about it. I didn't read the books and find new books and get "into it". It was mostly focused on one day a week. But at the same time all semester I WAS really getting into writing books, blogging books, two Podcasts on becoming a better writer and Blogger and more successful online business.

The book I read the most in the last month was Writing Fiction For Dummies. It kept repeating this theme that resonated with me. Fiction is about creating a powerful emotional experience. Everything we do in life is this way. We live life as an emotional experience, primarily. What would a movie be without Music? Why? It creates a powerful emotional experience. Story is this way too. We live life as a story, and we retell the past, and forecast the future as a story.

Lessons to Learn:

Sometimes it's hard to be self aware of what your real passions are and what you feel your "ought to be" passionate about, but aren't. To find your passion:
  1. What do you do, when you have nothing to do... what do you find to do without trying?
  2. When you have the opportunity to find a new book, blog post, project, music, song, podcast... what do you gravitate towards?
  3. When you are still... what do you think about naturally?

Update: I needed to add this video. You need to see this! 

What are YOU passionate about?

______________________________________________

Published © Darrell G. Wolfe 



I'd love to hear from you on this. 

What thoughts or comments could you add to this topic?




comments powered by Disqus


 __________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp