Subscribe

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Grace and Faith

COME:


Ephesians 2

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

HEAR:

For over ten years now I've been learning how to develop my Faith. Work my Faith. And after all the head knowledge I got about it, I could teach classes on it, I am still very very infantile in my Faith walk. It seems like I keep running into a wall. It's been occurring to me all this year, through many little moments, the thing I've been missing. Now I see what it is clearly.

God's been telling me two things this year, 2013.
  1. Hearing God (see my other blog post on this)
  2. GRACE
It's about GRACE. It's not about MY Faith. It's about HIS GRACE. If I would focus on His Grace for and toward me, I would have all the Faith I need. All that work on reading the Word of God to develop my Faith was not incorrect but incomplete. I must fill my mind and heart with how much God LOVES me, his unearned, unmerited, GRACE and LOVE for me. As I do this Faith is the natural response.

Jeremy Pearsons has been talking about this topic since the outset of his ministry and has a GREAT teaching on it I'd encourage you to listen to!


conversation
The Conversation Between Grace & Faith
by Jeremy Pearsons
Fixing our failure to communicate with God
Watch Now | Right Click Here & Save As to Download

Faith is not something you WORK to build or achieve. Faith is not something you can get by your works. My works are dead in the face of Faith and Grace. Ten years of "working" my faith has produced VERY little.

As I fill my heart with GRACE this past year I'm now noticing remarkable results, subtle at first, but remarkable.

The final piece to this was to HEAR God. It's not just about  reading the bible, or hearing teaching tapes. It is about HEARING God speak to me directly. Yes through His Word, and through Teaching, and also through Prayer.


DO:

Practice Hearing God...

How about you? You see anything to add to this? Want to share what examples you have seen or experience in yourself or others? Comment below. 

I call you empowered 2 prosper with good success!

© N2 Good Success Darrell G. Wolfe

Bloghttp://empoweredtooprosper.blogspot.com/
FacebookFacebook.Com/EmpoweredTooProsper
Twitterhttp://twitter.com/n2goodsuccess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp