Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

Living in the Kingdom at Work

01/11/10

Matthew 7 (New King James Version)

 In review, Chapters 5, 6, and 7 are all speaking about the Kingdom Of God. It is one continuous flow and discourse on the Kingdom Living.  So as I take a close look at Mathew 7 and consider my own life. The following are the things that stand out to me:

Matthew 7 (New King James Version)


  •  1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
     When someone calls in, drops in, is admitted to your care in whatever field you're in... They are often scared or confused. They rarely know what is going on. They need you. Even when they feel you are the enemy, they need you. So remember that at some point you are going to be the one calling in, dropping in, or admitted to someones care. What measure do you EXPECT that person to use? The answer may not be as simple as you think. The only measure you can EXPECT anyone to use is the one you've been using on others! Consider the measure you use in your daily dealings at the store, driving your car, at work... What measure do you want to be using?
  • 6Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
     Sometimes it's just not prudent to tell someone everything you think they need to know. Sometimes they can't handle what you've told them and you just made them responsible for something they didn't need to hear. Maybe you complicated the matter. In the interest of being complete you've now made a mess. Sometimes LESS is MORE!
  • 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 
    It's true. I'm not the BEST father in the world. I'm better than many, not as good as others. I'm learning and growing as we all are. Despite EVERYTHING I do right for my kids, I'll never be AS perfect as my Heavenly Father is to me. Yet, I often find myself doubting his intentions, his will, his goodness, his willingness to help. I won't outright say I doubt it... but the manner in which I live betrays my words. If I really believed He gives good things to those who ask... why don't I come to Him FIRST when I need something, instead of trying to scheme and plan my way out until I hit a wall and THEN ask for His help? I'm going to practice living like He is as good as He says He is! Go to God FIRST for even the smallest of matters. "What should I wear today Father?" Listen... wait for His response. It will usually come in the form of subtle leading. Why is it subtle. Not because he can't speak louder... but because the quieter He talks the better you are at developing the master skill above all others in following God... LISTENING!
  • 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 
     This is an amazing verse. If one is not diligent about being in the whole word they might see this as a contradictory teaching to the Grace we all know.  What He is saying is this: You cannot operate in this Kingdom Living without Obedience. Many say LORD and are saved. But few actually LIVE the Kingdom Lifestyle and receive Kingdom Benefits. There is a gown of salvation available to ALL who receive... but a Robe of Righteousness for those who WALK it out! How are you dressed today?
  • 24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
     HEAR... DO... Build on the ROCK... This teaching is lived everyday at my old church The Rock. It was taught Sunday by Pastor George. If you don't DO what you HEAR than you are deceiving yourself! One of the most profound things I learned at my short stay at The Rock was it's not enough to COME and HEAR... you must ALSO DO! In my daily word journal I must strive not just to learn something and say to myself "Great... I know that... I'm smarter now... I can pass a theology test... I can show people how much I know... (Pharisee Living)" I must also find out HOW that applies to me and WHAT I'm going to do about it. Essentially to: DO!

The Picture Bears repeating... for a picture says much more than words can tell sometimes. Which house do you want to be in this picture...


You say what do you mean... I only see one house...

This USED to be a neighborhood before a hurricane came in 09/2008. Which house did you want to be?



Darrell G. Wolfe

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp