Subscribe

Search This Blog

Monday, June 5, 2017

The Good Will Hunting Dilemma

Do you know the problem with having a 148IQ (Genius, for those who don't know)?

You know so many things, memorize things easily, perform tasks that take others time to learn in practically no time, excel at almost everything fact based (except human relationships)...

You can do anything, be anything...

Therefore, nothing holds your attention very long. You have trouble sticking to a task long enough to see the payoff.

I've started and restarted more careers than most people have in a lifetime.

I've been:

Cart Attendant/Cashier
Western Clothing Salesman
Hat shaper/Cleaner
Pool Cleaner
Maintenance for a Summer camp
Restaurant server for five separate companies in eight locations.
Call center customer service
Call center sales
Branch/Retail banking sales
Executive Office complaints management
Policy & Procedure (P&P) writer
Freelance writer
Blogger
Audio Technician
And many other things...

I went to Jr College for six years, changed majors three times, collected 78 units, never graduated...

And after all that, at nearly 37 years old...

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I have inklings, ideas, I'm clearer now then I was earlier in life... But I'm still totally unclear on the path...

It's like in Man of Steel, young Clark Kent is getting so many inputs he can't handle it, he runs to hide in the closet...

That's how I've felt my entire life...

You can tell me how great I am at X, Y, or Z... But it's hard to feel successful when you're this far along and you have no better ideas than you did in highschool...

I often wish I was dumber, that way I could settle down into a single career, be happy enough, go out for drinks with the boys on Friday, watch the game, etc... Normie stuff?

Being a genius has not helped me one bit...

God must have a plan but I'm not seeing it...

Here's hoping it comes soon..

#GoodWillHuntingDilema

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp