Subscribe

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2016

A question to ponder: Why am I so surprised when God comes through for me?

A year ago, or so, I had a growing idea to start a Podcast. I less-than-diligently played with my audio recording function and had nothing to say when the mic was on. My best times are discussing the things of God with others.

So I thought... maybe I could start a Podcast with another guy or several, and talk in that format. Invite guests... but I don't know anybody I could do that with... I don't have friends... whatever...

So then, recently, I started hanging with a group of rough and raw christian guys. The kind who are unafraid to be open and honest about their struggles and doubts; but also, their successes and triumphs.. One guy started a podcast with a group format. Where regulars and visitors can come and just talk... I joined the group...

Then tonight it hit me... that desire from a while back just got answered. It came in a package and format I wasn't expecting and didn't recognize until the second recording was wrapped up and we were sitting at Taco Bell discussing it...

God totally met my desire... wow...

Then one friend said: "Why do you keep seeming so surprised by these things (God coming through)?"

I don't know? But it really is bugging me... my whole life God comes through, and I don't know why I'm so surprised. Why don't I trust Him to do this by now?

What things are so broken in me that I cannot believe He'll do it again, and again, and again? Why do I doubt he will THIS TIME (every time)?

A question to ponder....


So, broken or whole, "right or wrong", that's what I'm thinking about today,

Darrell W.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp