Subscribe

Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2016

I don't feel like it...

I just don't feel like it. I don't want to wake up each day, or keep going. Being awake is exhausting.

In Shane Snow on Storytelling, Snow introduces Relatability, Novelty, Tension, and Fluency as the elements of great stories. They are the elements that keep us wanting to come back again, or stay through to the end.

There is a phenomenon were oxytocin is built in the brain when experiencing great stories together. They found that sitting kids in a room and telling them stories actually produced oxytocin in their brain, and the act of hearing stories together created bonds.

Maybe I'm telling myself the wrong stories, and since I'm doing it alone, they are starving me of the bonds I need.

I need to spend time telling and hearing stories with others... maybe that would help.

Darrell





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp