Subscribe

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Observation: Expectations and Requirements



In The Shack (here) by Wm. Paul Young, Mack finds out that God has no expectations of him, no requirements. God fulfilled everything in Jesus.

I had to ask myself, how often do I follow into this pattern of "Expectation". When I had my first big surrender, in 2002, I asked God "What do you want from me?!" in a very frustrated tone.

I just now (2016) realized that He doesn't want anything from me, not really. He wants ME. Relationship with ME. He wants to experience life together, as a fluid motion. For God, it really is about the journey and not the destination.

It's not about what I accomplished for him. There's no tasks list, to-do list, nothing I must get done before leaving earth, or be counted a failure. There are opportunities that I could miss to jump in and participate, but that's what they are, opportunities.

I am free to put my list down, stop feeling like I'm "behind", and just live. One day, one prayer, one decision, at  time.

Wow!

Darrell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp