Subscribe

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Story Tellers Anchor Societies & Inspire Them To Greatness


Story Tellers Anchor Societies & Inspire Them To Greatness


I spent the last two weeks (or more) evaluating. What am I doing this blog for? What am I doing in life? What SHOULD I be doing with my time? I cannot devote unlimited time resources. I only have a given number of hours in a day. I must find something meaningful and compelling to do with those hours.

As an INFJ, I devote a great deal of my mental real estate to what could be, rather than what is. This leaves me prone to favor shows like Stargate SG1, Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvels Avengers, Lord of the Rings, Marvels' Agents of Shield, Forever. I like to explore spiritual realities and possibilities. I enjoy the future, and what could be. I like to explore just beyond.


Stories - Narratives That Last



Before written language, story tellers were the anchor of a society; preserving it's history, enriching it's culture, inspiring it's people. From the oral traditions of ancient peoples, to Shakespear, to Pixars John Lasseter, stories... good stories... thought provoking stories... NEEDED to be told.

It is a need, not just entertainment. It's the breath of any vibrant society. The modern prevelance of rebooting stories from our youth does not reflect a culture of creativity; rather, it reflects a bored culture. It reflects a culture that has lost it's collective ability or willingness to tell stories that matter.

It is my role, as author, to provoke thought, challenge beliefs, suspend disbelief, engage, inspire, illuminate; through honest characters with real struggles and faults... but not interpret them for you. In the end, you must decide who was right or wrong.

My tastes are for spiritual realities, scriptural studies, science, science fiction, fantasies, supernatural, super heroes, epic action adventures. It is unlikely you will find me writing romance novels or thrillers (Stephen King Territory).

I am a Seer and Teacher. I see what others do not. I see how things fit, and how to make them better. I write and tell stories (Jesus called them parables). I should not always draw their meaning for you.

What I find fascinating, is that I read more NonFiction than I do Fiction; and yet, I remember the story telling the best. Even when the book is presented to be a true story, if it is written as a narrative, I remember it, embrace it, it becomes part of me.

I cannot recall the 10 steps of, or the 7 habits of...

But i can remember walking up a mountain with Frodo, struggling with a ring. I remember how I felt, when Aslan rose from the dead. I remember how confused and intrigued I felt, as Thomas Hunter worked his way through two lives in two worlds at once. I can also remember standing with Rick Joyner, in front of Jesus, getting washed from the layers of sin built up like plaque over my soul (references below).

So... I think I'm turning my attention to narratives (fiction and non fiction). Let's see how that goes.


Stories Referenced Above:


*
Tweet These:
#TellYourStory#BeStillBeLed

More about BeStillBeLed <here>

Comment on this post, or Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe , Google +DarrellWolfe, Facebook DarrellGWolfe, Etc...


Hit me up on Twitter @DarrellWolfe or on Google +DarrellWolfe

By Darrell Wolfe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp