Subscribe

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Romans 8: In God We Trust!?



"In god we trust" by Aaron van Dorn Partial photo of a quarter, emphasising the phrase "In god we trust".
"In god we trust" by Aaron van Dorn

Romans 8 is PACKED full of good stuff! 

Who knew all this was in the same chapter!?

Why do I find it so hard to believe God? I mean over, and over, and over, He has proven himself faithful to me, in very real and practical ways. Just recently, the favor He's shown in moving me to my new job position, has been nothing short of miraculous.

Nevertheless, as soon as the next trial comes along, I start doubting again. After awhile, if the same problem is coming up over and over, the only place to look is in the mirror.

ME? You mean I'm the problem? Well, yes, I am. But that's not the mirror I'm referring to. 

 James 1

22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

When I spend time in the perfect Word of God, it shows me things I couldn't see. Just as  mirror shows my how crazy my hair really is in the first minutes of morning, the mirror of the Word shows me how crazy my thoughts are before I washed them in His Word.

I had one such mirror moment reading Romans 8 this past week.

-Romans 8 Study-

Yield to HolySpirit


6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I've always used vs 11 as a healing scripture, which is just fine, nothing wrong with that. But today I saw it in a new and fresh light. If I have a carnal mind, I'm envoking the curse/death. If I engage the spiritual mind (mindsets) I am envoking blessing/life. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is in my body, quickening (making alive) my mortal flesh.

That INCLUDES my mind! HolySpirit is inside of my, assisting in the renewing of my mind. I don't have to strive for a new mindset, or work hard at it.

I need only yield to what He is processing in me.

How do I engage this spiritual mind?


16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
--
26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

HolySpirit bears witness to my Spirit, first of my adoption, and then to any truth I need, because he is here to lead me into all truth (according to John). Likewise, he helps me in my weakness by interceding for me and praying out the Will of God in my life.

I can tap into this during my times of prayer, meditation, and silence.
28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
This process of allowing him to pray through you, specifically through times of silence and praying in tongues, is how he works all things together for Good!


Believing God for provision...

31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
If God is for me, WHO can be against me?

NO ONE!

He didn't spare His own Son...

So why, here on earth, would I doubt His desire to give me freely ALL THINGS?!!?!?!?!

Once I get that straight, and really accept God had my best in mind, I'll be able to freely trust Him for all things. 

I must yield to how much he loves me!

Take away's

  • Yield to HolySpirit's instruction/leading.
  • HolySpirit bears Witness to me.
  • Yield to the Love of God. 
  • So it really is all about #BeStillBeLed! (Tweet That!)

By Darrell Wolfe

About This Blog, and Darrell. 

*My apologies for posting a day late.


This Weeks Resource:


Affiliate Disclosure:
I earn commissions off of some of my suggestions. Full Disclaimers (Click Here)
See my Store for more suggestions (Click Here)



And now I leave you with a question:

Have you struggled believing God will provide natural things you want/need?

To Respond Leave A Comment on This Post




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp