Subscribe

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jesus is The Good Shepherd. Who am I?

COME:


John 10

1 “I tell you the solemn truth, the one who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens the door for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger’s voice.”

8 All who came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

27 My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”



HEAR:

It sounds black and white. Jesus' sheep hear his voice and do not listen to another. But there is a caveat to this. You have to listen! How do those sheep, that are part of the flock, go astray? They follow their own desires, or get mislead by a stranger. Maybe the stranger does lead them, as much as he intimidates them. Either way, it is the shepherd that goes after them when they are found missing and rescues them from their own folly.

Jesus told Peter to forgive 70 times 7 times, that 490 times a day if need be. But scratch our forgiving others, that is secondary... first we most know, deeply know who WE are to Jesus, before we can treat others the way He would have us treat them. WE ARE the sheep that have gone astray. Some of us leave many times a day, some only every few weeks or months. Some of us wonder inches (we said something mean we shouldn't have said) some of us wonder miles (we shouldn't be this far away, doing this or that).

No matter how far we've wondered, OR HOW OFTEN, Jesus is there to bring us back to the fold. I don't know anyone that has needed 490 forgiveness's a day, but I know Jesus would hold himself to a higher standard than he would Peter, so I have a feeling that would just be the beginning of his forgiveness's. He came all the way to earth, and died just for me... I am WORTH a lot to Him.

Life of the Shepherd




Know who you are to the Good Shepherd, and you will find it easier to get along with the sheep in your fold.

DO:

I'm going to ponder who I am to HIM, and attempt to see others (co-workers, bosses, customer, family, etc) through His eyes today.



How about you? You see anything to add to this? Want to share what examples you have seen or experience in yourself or others? Comment below. 



I call you empowered 2 prosper with good success!


N2 Good SuccessDarrell G. Wolfe
Bloghttp://empoweredtooprosper.blogspot.com/
FacebookFacebook.Com/EmpoweredTooProsper
Twitterhttp://twitter.com/n2goodsuccess

See Also:
https://www.facebook.com/n2goodsuccess
https://www.facebook.com/towdahaudio
https://www.facebook.com/TexasLivingInfo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp