Subscribe

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lessons from Peters Trip to Cornelius

Acts 10

 Peter is called to the house of Cornelius a centurion guard who loved God. 

 2A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always... 4 ...Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

The first thing that stands out to me here is that his Prayers and Giving stood out to God. If anything stands out to God I should make a point of making it a focus and major in my life. 

 15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 

Lord, cleanse me of mindsets that go against your will. How can I come against a person you died to save? How can I not love those you love? Create in me a heart like yours. Your love has been shed abroad in my heart, show me how to let it loose in my life. 

  45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

 Yet again, over and over in scripture Tongues is tied to the Holy Spirit. I must spend more time praying, but also spend a more time praying in tongues.





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp