Subscribe

Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Promotion and Increase!


Promotion and Increase!

Pastor George has been teaching about Promotion! The harvest has come in for the Wolfe Family Bulldogs! Recently I got the impression in prayer that it was time to move on. I started looking through the internal job sites and there were ALL sorts of different positions that came open that do not often come up. Many were of interest to me. I applied to something near ten different positions over the last month.

I have turned down two opportunities to get positions I thought I wanted in the last few months. What you compromise to get you will eventually loose. I did not have peace about those two so I withdrew my application even though I was considered among the, if not the, top candidates.

I got an email asking if I would be willing to come to a group interview  for a Personal Banker Position on Wednesday, which happened to be one of my days off already. PB was a position I tried to get but was turned down for in 2007. I had given up on the idea after subsequent declines.I agreed.

In the days leading up to the group interview my direct manager and his bosses boss were both contacted for references. Both gave me glowing reviews. Then while I was at the group interview the branch managers from the whole district were out to our call center to tour and learn more about what our side of the business does.

I followed up after the group interview with the recruiter immediately by email with a thank you letter for allowing me to apply.

The next day I got an email asking me to come in for a face to face interview with the manager of the branch.

I had a contact within the call center who knew about the retail side so he helped me gather information I could use in the interview.

I was able to go in prepared and confident.

I was able to schedule the in person interview that Saturday. 

The manager informed he would be making a decision by Tuesday.

Wednesday I got the call that I was being offered the position.

Within less than a week and a half I went from invited to hired.

The new position offers me a $3000 a year raise with the possability of adding another $2000 to my annual salary within training. The position will require the exact set of skills I possess.

He was looking for someone with:

  • Business Product Experience
  • Internal only
  • Leadership Training
  • Preferred a Phone Banker because of our unique training with cross sales
It was as though it had been hand crafted for my unique resume, and it was, by the Holy Spirit!

I also feel I was hand carved for it over the last four years. The experiences I've had in the last four years prepared me to do this now. I now see that I was not ready when I was turned down the first time. If I had let bitterness keep me from asking what I could do to change and adapt I wouldn't be here now!

The position will bring me back to the in person contact with my customers which is where I thrive!


 


Sunday 8:30 AM 4/11/2010
Pastor George Pearsons
Going Up: God’s System of Promotion—Part 1
Three Vital Keys to Your Promotion

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Honest, Be Creative...GO!

Subscribe

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

Powered by MailChimp